- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Wharf Chambers collects the following data for membership registration:
- Personal identification information including first name, last name and email address.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Wharf Chambers with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online for our membership.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Mailing List subscription.
How will we use your data?
Wharf Chambers collects your data so that we can:
- Email you with our newsletter
- Retain and update your membership information
If you have agreed to receive emails, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Wharf Chambers from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, contact email@example.com
What are your data protection rights?
Wharf Chambers would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Wharf Chambers for copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Wharf Chambers correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Wharf Chambers to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Wharf Chambers erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Wharf Chambers restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Wharf Chambers‘s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Wharf Chambers transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at:
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Logging in to our website
- Running membership system
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Wharf Chambers uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Wharf Chambers has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.